Things I hate about the New 52…
- Look at the picture above; that’s numero uno. Harley’s an ignorantly cute, bubbly, and homicidal clown with killer crush; not a super-slut with a metal hammer and red and black cruelella devil hair.
- Lobdell making Starfire a slutty object. Starfire used to be an honorable and emotionally loving person who was also friendly and proud with a crush on a certain hot acrobat. Now she’s an unclassy hoe-bag whose tastelessness goes leaps and bound beyond her previous sexual exploits; and the fact that she doesn’t even remember Dick’s name after having sex with him numerous times in the New 52 flashbacks is only reenforcing how truly objectified she’s become.
- What Lobdell’s done to Tim Drake (I hate that man SO much, never being Robin, trained gymnast, loving parents, wings, cocky little shit? C’mon! That is not the Tim Drake we know and love!
- Wonder Woman and Superman… Just NO.
- Lobdell writing Superman.
- Lobdell in general.
- Giving Diana a father. Themisquira is a no mans land damn it! Is nothing sacred!
- Making Jason and Tim instantaneously connect even though they use to HATE each other. Hey, don’t get me wrong; I love Jaytim, but I know it’s unrealistic in comics for them to have a brotherly relationship.
- Lobdell making Jason mad at Bruce for the wrong reason.
- Switching Nightwing’s signature color from blue to red. AND getting rid of the beloved finger stripes.
- The absents of Wally West, Raven, Billy Batson, Donna fucking Troy, Powergirl, Beast Boy, Stephanie Brown, Cassandra Cain, and everyones favorite DC child, Lian Harper.
- Giving Tim short hair again.
- Oversexulizing the Catwoman art.
- Making Babs regain the use of her legs.
- Making Poison Ivy white from green, and giving her that AWFUL costume.
- And did I mention, SCOTT FREAKING LOBDELL. (GO DIE IN A HOLE AND STOP FUCKING UP THE BEST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I’m really hoping that that hooded chick who appeared in all #1 issues will reverse this on the 52’s 52nd issue; and in the end this was just a sub dimension caused by Wally, and that’s why he doesn’t exist. But even so, I don’t want to wait another 40 issues for this bull shit to evaporate.
I promised myself I’ll do this the moment Tim gets as much as a hint.
(New 52 Teen Titans #17)
Now you’re just somebody that I used to know
Red Robin - The New 52
Greg Capullo’s Die-Cut covers for the Batman: Death of the Family event.
I keep mistaking Tim Drake’s mugshot for Jason Todd’s pre-new 52, post-helmet, pre-Morrison look.
Jason Todd has had more reinventions than Madonna.
Evolution of the Jason Todd/Red Hood costume for the webseries.